Friday, November 21, 2008

Pidgin IM!

logo_pidgin

There are so many messengers out there: AIM, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, Google Talk, Groupwise, ICQ, IRC, MSN, MySpaceIM, QQ, SILC, SIMPLE, Sametime, XMPP, Yahoo!, Zephyr, and Facebook. I have friends on many of these different messengers, but who wants to have 7+ different messenger programs? I have 3 on my computer: Windows Live Messenger (main), Pidgin (secondary), and Google Talk (email). Pidgin is awesome for all of your messenger needs. When you just want to chat with someone, or if you're on Linux perhaps, it’s a great way to not have to use so many messengers. I will greet the day happily when all the messengers merge together like email and other things have done in the past. For now, however, I use Pidgin as my little bird messenger friend to help with my needs.

http://pidgin.im/

No comments: