Friday, December 23, 2011

Native Client comes to Chrome!


Recently Google had a press release about Native Client (NaCl). Basically the idea behind it is you can run native code (C, C++, or C#) inside of chrome so you don't have to learn a new programming language and can even port existing programs to NaCl. This allows you to install a small extension into Chrome and then play games and use programs that you would other wise need admin privileges to install onto a computer. So far I have played three different games that have been ported to Chrome and can be found in the Chrome Web Store. My favorite so far is call Bastion it's quite an amazing game I highly recommend you check it out. I look forward to when I can install all my games this way it's a lot less hassle for me to do it this way and there is no limit on what an NaCl game can do. There are quite a few major game companies and partners that are working on products for NaCl including Square Enix, Unity Technologies, and Bungie. Anyways I posted some links below!

No comments: