Tuesday, November 18, 2008

USCHTRIS Reviewed

I'm getting to the last couple entries from the tehskeen competition now. USCHTRIS is a Tetris clone, and well, from what I can tell there's not anything really original or new to it. When I first started it and it went to the logo screen, I thought to my self, "Wow, this has great music, probably the best out of the entries so far, but how do I start the game? Is it stuck or something?" After a few minutes of pressing buttons I finally figured out that if you press the home button it starts the game. The game itself isn't too bad, but there are absolutely no menus and there's nothing special about it. It's just a plain old Tetris game. We already have more than one Tetris game for Wii, why would we want another? I'm sure that the person who made this worked very hard, and it looks great, but it could use some menus and something to set it apart from the other Tetris games that are already out for Wii. We will see what happens with this one in the future. You can get it HERE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Controls: 3
Menu Layout: 1
Functionality: 7
Graphics: 5
Music and Sound: 9
Story: N/A

Overall: 5

No comments: